PQ1 power quality sensor detects sags, swells, interruptions, and impulses in as short as 500 nanoseconds. And because of its low price, you can buy twenty for the price of a single traditional power quality monitor. It’s your go-to sensor to quickly defend against power quality problems.
Our embedded power quality sensor detects voltage disturbances on the AC power supply of equipment. These voltage disturbances can cause equipment to intermittently operate, degrade performance, and fail prematurely. Without accurate power quality information, system owners and OEMs are at risk of increased warranty and maintenance costs, ambiguous root causes of power quality failure that lead to ineffective repairs, finger-pointing, and lost customer satisfaction.
Adaptable, Reliable, Inexpensive
PQ1 detects in 500 nanoseconds, higher impulse and voltage swell events, and significant and minor voltage sags. It immediately signals each event from the front panel LEDs as well as to a computer log file using relay contacts. Our power quality sensor adapts to international voltages between 100VAC and 240VAC, and operates at 50 Hz, 60 Hz, and 400 Hz. Higher voltages, including utility distribution voltages and input voltages up to 600 vrms can be monitored by hooking it up to an external transformer.
The PQ1 is small and simple to use, with 16 pre-programmed industry-standard depth/duration response curves that can be programmed application specific. The PQ1 is a single-phase monitor that can also be used phase-to-phase or you can combine three PQ1’s for phase-to-neutral on three-phase power systems.
Because the PQ1 costs less than one-tenth of traditional power quality monitors, it quickly pays for itself as it increases equipment up time leading to higher customer satisfaction ratings.
- Affordable, reliable, and compact
- Pre-programmed to 16 industry-standard thresholds, no software required
- Easy to install on a DIN rail mount, AC in, relay contacts out
- Real-time event detection with 0.5% accuracy
- Certified CE, TUV, UL
- Detects sags, swells, interruptions, and impulses
- Captures impulses as short as 500 nanoseconds
- Automatically adjusts to 50Hz, 60Hz, or 400Hz
- Direct connection to 100 Vrms ~ 240 Vrms
- Can be used at 277 Vrms ~ 600 Vrms with external step-down transformer
- Combine three PQ1’s for 3-phase applications
- Semiconductor manufacturing tools
- Medical laboratory equipment
- SCADA and PLC systems
- Elevator controls
- Low-cost substation power quality monitoring
- Machine tools, HVAC controls, ASD’s
- Rack mount servers in data centers and telecommunication centers